Monday, July 11, 2011

Dear ConnectiCare

Dear Folks at ConnectiCare:
     Thank you for the new member card that arrived in yesterday's mail. Actually, two cards came, right? The second is a perfectly intact card that says simply: "This side of the card left BLANK intentionally." Then, for mysterious reasons, the back has the same information as the back of the other card.
     Would someone be willing to explain to me why we do this? Why use the extra plastic to make an intentionally blank card? What do you hope we are all doing with our intentionally blank cards?
     I'm eager to know. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.


paula chu, Farmington


     Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your ConnectiCare identification card.
     The cards are printed on a template that has space for two cards.  You received a blank card because you are the only one on your policy.  If you would have had a dependent on your policy, their card would have been printed on the front of the other card.
      If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us either via email or call toll-free at 1-800-251-7722.

Sincerely,
ConnectiCare Member Services

Dear ConnectiCare Member Services:

     That makes sense. Thank you. 
     I had double mastectomies last year -- but you know that: you're ConnectiCare! Anyway, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be saying something untoward if I made myself a few t-shirts that say "this side left blank intentionally." Sounds like I'm good to go.
     Thanks again.

paula chu

2 comments:

  1. I have this image of your parents doubled over, rolling on the floor of heaven, trying not to split a gut that they no longer actually inhabit. Man, you make me laugh.......THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't see that one coming. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete