Sunday, July 14, 2013

vive la difference, vive la compagnie

       When Laura takes a video, she has to narrate. "It's snowing pretty hard," she'll say as she points the camera toward snow that is falling pretty hard. Or "Here we are at the beach" she'll say when we are at the beach. A good example of her narrative style of videotaping follows. This documents the day the fan installer couldn't seem to finish the job. Note the time.
     
I am less likely to narrate my humble video captures. I have a long one of me walking along the perfect rows deep within a cornfield, the stalks well above my head. The video is punctuated only toward the end when I get kind of lost. "Hmm," I say.
      We each took some video in Switzerland, of course. See if you can tell which video came from which videographer.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking "spectacular!!" with the first video of the mountains and expecting to see something similar with the second. Hmmm. I guess I did, huh, Laura?

    LOVE the fan video.....and the lead in to this post.....usually I don't get my p's blog laugh until morning. Got lucky tonight :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series of videos ranks amongst the funniest I have ever seen. Hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Christian! Based on the fan video, you two need a TV show. Or cable show. Or Internet show?

    Switzerland looks too incredible to be real. But I believe that you were there -- I could hear your silent awe as you shot the footage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Paula for the videos. Hope the fan guy's cleared out by now.

    And, Wow, I'm impressed you got that close to a bull!

    I want to walk up that mountain road someday. A truly beautiful, little meditation.

    ReplyDelete