Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cupid prevails

There is a lot going on, and I hope to write in a few days as a diversion while I am undergoing prep, beginning April Fool's Day, for the colonoscopy on April 2 and the hysterectomy and oophorectomies on April 3. I won't be able to eat for 48 hours, so I imagine it might be therapeutic to channel my delirium onto the blog.

But for the moment, simply this. Here is a felt heart that Laura and I tuck, surreptitiously if possible, into each other's front pocket, back and forth between us.

On Sunday I had left the heart in my jeans pocket when we did laundry. Also in the pocket was a toothpick. Damage from chemotherapy, coupled with aging, means I am able to store vast quantities of food in the crevices of my receding gums, you see. I rarely venture out unequipped.

Sticking to the side of the washer at the end of the cycle were arrow and heart, entangled, no doubt, as we all are, during the spin cycle of life.

I love when I notice that the Universe is winking at me. It really is such a rascally flirt.

5 comments:

  1. Been looking at this one since you first posted it, p. I hate that I feel so speechless. Want to be upbeat and funny and have something incredibly witty to say.....and so can't. You and Laura are the ones going through this. The real pain...on all levels... is yours....and I can't find a thing to say because it is so stunning. Perhaps other than...I care. And I wish this journey upon which you are about to embark weren't so. I'm glad your possible solution to your delirium will be sharing with us. "We're all just walking each other home", p. Out here...right along side you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God, Paula.
    I really wish you weren't headed for the OR again! Gee Whiz! Even though, I do believe that you,the essence of YOU, will come through this latest intrusion intact and whole, I wish none of this was happening to you AGAIN.

    But, one of the reasons for my belief in your ability to withstand this and recover from it, is the amazing Love and Light that emanates from and surrounds you.

    May the Force be with you! Lots of Light and Love coming your way from Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the clean, fresh, crisp thoughts on the other side of the spin cycle! Ben

    ReplyDelete