Monday, April 2, 2012

so far so very good

There was no reason for us to expect any kind of funkiness in my colon, but then again, Laura and I are both a little spooked of late, and we had begun to peer around corners expecting unpleasant surprises. Colons are funky in and of themselves, besides. Who knows what they are really up to when we're not looking.

My colon is just chugging along doing its business, it turns out. I feel proud of it today, and so grateful that it is healthy. Its life is as quiet and unassuming as my own.

Unassuming. I wonder if I could do something with that word here. Colonoscopies, despite our shared terror of the awful news they might bring, seem to beg for references to everything coming out all right in the end, this too shall pass, and so on, but those are so overused. I hadn't thought of ass words. I'll bet I could come up with an assortment of those.

ANYway, the fast is going fine. I'm hungry, but not even remotely delirious. I am relieved. It would be a bummer to be delirious and hungry.

A bummer! Gee, bum words are yet another untapped resource.

Maybe I am delirious after all. Well.

I just wanted to post, because I promised I would, to say that the colonoscopy is behind me.

Behind me! Oh, man. 

5 comments:

  1. Paula,
    Thanks for posting and for the re-ass-uring report!

    Sending lots of Light & Love tomorrow. Sleep tight tonight.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving us the latest poop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been so busy today and tonight I didn't get a chance to see this till this late hour. Can't begin to compete with all the talent evidenced in this posting and replies :-). I'm not even gonna try. Eyes are half open. Brain has put out the closed for business sign. Too pooped..... Ok, I had to feel like one of the crowd a little bit. Thoughts and prayers with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the guffaw. I'm so overwrought thinking of you that this was a great release. Love you through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now...from the science nerd...The gut has its very own finely tuned nervous systyem (http://www.psyking.net/id36.htm)which is often underplayed and overlooked. On my mother's side of the family, we have an ongoing joke about our predispositions to "christmas-itis" which is our term for the connection between the brain generated anxiety/excitement mishmash around the holidays that affects the nervous system of the gut which of course results in all kinds of effects and ailments - ranging from benign "butterflies' to inconvenient, disabling and worse consequences. So, in spite of being the "butt" of jokes and cultural references in which I of course also indulge, colon health is cool. Glad you are ok. I hope that all that is ahead will go well -you are very much on my mind.

    ReplyDelete