Tuesday, April 20, 2010

from the sublime to the....

Funny! Last night I tried out a pair of fake eyebrows, since the real ones are getting pretty thin. Special thanks to Marilyn, who pointed me toward The Vermont Country Store, which as we all know wins the prize for having the most random inventory ever, including temporary tattoo eyebrows.

I cracked up when I saw them on, but waited to have Laura discover them when she came upstairs. We laughed till we wheezed. Maybe you had to be there -- it's all so weird, these transformations of my body. We've had some good laughs over things that are so strange (and generally not welcome) that there is nothing to do but focus on the weirdness, shake your head, and laugh.

It took me two tries to approximate the correct placement, and I wish I had taken a picture of the first attempt, with one eyebrow way higher than the other, which made me look like Colonel Klink in Hogan's Heroes. When I removed the poorly placed one, I unwittingly rubbed off some more of my real eyebrow. Yeesh.

I actually still have a few too many hairs left, if that can be said, to use these falsies, but I'll be brow-bald soon. The fake ones aren't bad! -- unless you get up close. And then they're really funny.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Great photo! Great laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyful photo- cute brows! Made me smile just looking at it.
    :-)

    Have a great walk today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to notice eyebrows with such a great smile!

    ReplyDelete